Going for massage often?

 Going for massages often?

October 27th / 2022


Why has it been so long since I went for massage?!

I really love getting a massage. I feel it's just me get swept away by working and doing activities and just not making the time to get one.

It wasn't until my husband offered to massage my shoulders the other day. He was massaging them for maybe a couple minutes and I wanted to cry. Because it hurt? No. Because it felt so good. He isn't an RMT and yet even his massage felt like it was sent from the gods. Obviously I had to book myself a treatment ASAP.

Yesterday I had my first massage in 2 months and it was heaven. I can't lie, there was definitely some tender and sore areas that required a much lighter touch haha. My shoulders really needed some work and some love. But it felt so so good. When I got off the table I felt wobbly. A good wobbly. A " I just got all of my tissue worked on in the best way possible " wobbly. My body just wanted to continue laying on the table for at least another hour. Maybe even 2. Imagine? Wouldn't that be wonderful.

I was so grateful. I booked more massages. I can't go that long again without getting a massage. And it's that time of year where if I don't book them ahead of time, i'm not going to get one. Why? It's end of the year and people are using benefits. So what ever massages you think you need till the end of December, now is the time to book them in while you still can.

It's easy to go long without massage because you get used to the stiffness and aches. You get used to pain. You get used to just adjusting how you move and live. But you don't have to. And you shouldn't have to. 

And then when you actually get a massage you realise on the table how much you actually needed this. I know that's how I felt.

So yea, looking forward to my next massage. This time, it will be sooner. 

Thank goodness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest on Podcast 2 Massage Therapists and a Microphone

Guest Speaker at Sutherland-Chan School of Massage Therapy

Improved massage room