Guest on Podcast 2 Massage Therapists and a Microphone

 

                

 Guest on Podcast 2 Massage Therapists and a Microphone

November 30th / 2022


I have been listening to 2 Massage Therapists and a Microphone for years now. 


Let's do a little introduction to the podcast:

Amanda and Mark are the hosts of the show ( they are also married ). They are two RMT's as well as kinesiologists that interview soft tissue workers from all over, but mostly North America. They are based here in Toronto, Canada. But with the beautiful internet, they have people on the show from the US and sometimes other parts of the world. They have had the podcast now for about 5 years. They have over 400 podcasts and they are continue to grow every day. They also own ConEd Institute but that is a completely separate business. If you want to know more, you really should just listen to their podcast. I prefer Spotify to listen to them with.


I met Mark first in a cupping class that I took at ConEd Institute. I really enjoyed the course and found it to be very valuable. I still use what I have learned in the course and would recommend it to anyone that's interested. During the class obviously I was talking to everyone because I find it hard to shut up. I mean I can, but if I am allowed to talk, I 100% will. Anyways, Mark was able to hear me and he comes over and says, " You sound like Emma Stone ! Has anyone ever told you that? "


Everyone else around us have the "omg", mind blown face and agree. Now I can't un-hear it. Which is great cause I hear my voice all day everyday .... Stay with me. This has a point.


Eventually I go to the Canadian Massage Therapist Conference and Mark and Amanda are there because ConEd is helping run the whole event. So Mark brings Amanda over and says, " Close your eyes, " looks over at me, " Ok say something. "


I don't know what I said but I'm sure it was something deeply amazing and inspiring.


Amanda gasps, "omg yes. She DOES sound like Emma Stone! "


lol staaahp. This is killing me hahaha. I love it. It makes me laugh every time. It's just funny, I don't know. It just is.


We had a lovely time. Fast forward to weeks later and Mark says to Amanda, " Ok let's get Emma Stone on the show."


Amanda agrees ( thank you Amanda ! ) and yea. They ask, I say yes, and then I get to sit like a puppy wagging it's tail patiently waiting for a treat. A.K.A November 30th. Same thing.


I show up and I start taking out things from my bag to make myself comfortable. Now this is the part where I will let you know why the heck there is photos of Stone Cold Steve Austin on this post.


                


My birthday just went by and I got this sweet action figure for my birthday. I mean, Stone Cold is one of my Mt.Rushmore. Easy. No question there. SO obviously Amanda goes, " I need to know why there is a WWF action figure on my desk. But I will ask during the recording."


He was great and well behaved. No beer was thrown.


Basically, I got it for my birthday, love it, and told all my friends Steve will go with me everywhere. Even if it's weird. Don't care. It's hilarious. And I am always here for the laughter. Sooooo enjoy the photos. Got a laugh out of Amanda, Mark, myself, my friends, and now maybe you. Mission success.


No worries, we talked about more things. Some things even massage related. Things like mental health, birthdays, movies, how I became an RMT, what my career was before I was an RMT, how supportive my husband is ♥, and other awesome things.


I loved it. Not just the talking part. It was fun and cool thinking that other people will hear what was said. I know a lot of people use podcasts for many reasons; to entertain themselves, learn new things, connect with people in their community, feel comfort, and see just whats going on in the world. I'm sure there is more reasons I didn't even think of.


What do I want to come from this episode of the podcast? 

A couple things:

1) Someone laughs at least once. Laughter makes us feel better. Nice.

2) If someone is trying to find out what they want to do for a career, you can always try what I did and see if it works for you.

3) Know that mental health is extremely important. We are always worried about our soft tissue self care. Please do not forget about our mental / emotional well being too.


And if you get anything else from this podcast episode then awesome. Let me know.

My email is: TyleenRMT@Gmail.com


I haven't even heard it yet. I am just waiting for the release and I will be sure to link to it.


Also, I just want to add, it was just really fun. Mark and Amanda were awesome to chill with. They make it so comfortable to talk with them. I can totally see why they have a podcast where they can talk to people. They are just nice to be around and easy to laugh with. Hopefully I can be on the show again in the future but even if not, Had a great time and wont forget it.


See ya later !



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Speaker at Sutherland-Chan School of Massage Therapy

Improved massage room